This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How much does it cost to build a website?
02-26-2013, 10:03 AM

There are a few factors to take into account.

1. Who's going to be building the website. If you hire someone to build it for you, then it can become quite expensive. If you're willing to learn how to do it yourself, then you could save a lot of money. But if you're new to it, then that will take time.

2. You'll need to find a suitable hosting plan. This is a good one:
http://webcity.com.au/

I don't know all the software needed for what you want to do. But I know that, if you intend on doing it yourself, you can use Notepad++ to write the website (the actual coding, e.g. HTML/XHTML). You can download Notepad++ for free. I think you can also use other things like JavaScript and PHP in Notepad++ as well.

To upload it, you'd use an FTP (File Transfer Protocol). Filezilla is a good FTP program - you can download it free online as well.

If you're willing to design it yourself, you might be able to save a fair bit of money, but like I said - if you need to learn the stuff, you should take into account of the time it would take. But even for that, there are good online resources that you can refer to if you have trouble with things.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - kuzuma - 02-26-2013, 09:54 AM
[] - Valencia - 02-26-2013, 10:02 AM
[] - Jazka - 02-26-2013 10:03 AM
[] - dominate_01 - 02-26-2013, 10:09 AM