This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Microsoft Surface or Sony Vaio?
02-28-2013, 12:57 AM
Microsoft Surface or Sony Vaio?
Hi, I'm 15 and looking for a new laptop. I will mainly be using it for school and for play when I get home. Nothing too serious. Anyways, I've been getting extremely good grades for my first year of highschool, so for Christmas, my dad said that if I could find a laptop that I would like, he would pay $400 and I would pay the rest. I was perfectly fine with that because I babysit almost every weekend, and could come up with the remaining money I would need. So, I've done research, and I really like the Vaio E Series 14 Custom laptop, starts at $499, and the new Microsoft Surface, also starting at $499. I really like both for different reasons. I like the Vaio because it's traditional, and I see it lasting me through high school, which I really want so we don't spend a bunch of money for a piece of technology that will only last a year, and it has all the basics and capabilities that I look for in a laptop. I like the Microsoft Surface because it's pretty much a hybrid, and I could use it as a laptop and a tablet. The downsides are that my dad says that the 10" screen would be too small, and also that it doesn't have a CD drive. It's not that important to me, because I don't really watch movies on dvd or anything, I think it would be good to have one just in case. Also, I could fix that problem with an external CD drive in case I needed one. But one downside to the Vaio is that it's not as portable as the Surface. I don't plan on bringing my laptop to school with me everyday, but when I do, I don't want to be breaking my back carrying around my heavy duty textbooks and a heavy laptop. Right now, there's not much writing, but we still use Microsoft Word (Surface already has it included), Prezi, and we research, but in the later years I will be doing longer papers. When I get home, I usually just check my facebook, go on pinterest, and maybe the occasional YouTube, but otherwise, I'm not a heavy gamer at all, but I still am on the computer a lot of the time. Which one do you think would be a better choice for me for the things I'm looking for, and how it will last me through highschool. Please do not refer me to any other products, I am only interested in these. Please explain your choice! Thank you!! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Microsoft Surface or Sony Vaio? - TheKidWiththeBoots - 02-28-2013 12:57 AM
[] - jorveg_95369 - 02-28-2013, 01:01 AM
[] - Doug k - 02-28-2013, 01:07 AM
[] - Spieler - 02-28-2013, 01:13 AM