This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why everyone wants to vote for a new and inexperienced politician?
10-12-2012, 09:40 AM

That is a good observation. People have gotten an inkling of an idea about how much "tit for tat" backscratching goes on inside the beltway, that they wish to reject the entire lot of them and start anew. Pork, lobbying, fighting for their own constituency, call it what you like, but it is all the same idea.

The underlying problem lies in the greed of the politicians who have been there a while. You can't fault them too much, it is inherent in all of us, given the huge opportunities politicians who get elected face.

Our founding fathers I think, did not realize that this nation would face a time when the "better angels of our nature" could not imagine fighting that uphill battle for the lifetime it would take to make a difference. Therefore, the truly selfless and honest people who would otherwise consider going into politics are repelled from that idea and settle for making their own little corner of the world better.

Study the presidency of Jimmy Carter to find out what a truly ethical individual who finds themselves elected faces. To say he was ineffectual would be an understatement, because he wasn't willing to play the "political game".

Only when the people rise as a group and demand term limits would this nonsense begin to diminish. Then we would be left with relatively uneducated people in office, trying their best, in a rather sophomoric, ham-handed way, to run this noble country. Difficult to see this happening, in my lifetime, at least. I am not altogether convinced that the well-meaning but multiply-re-elected incumbents are always bad.

A conundrum, indeed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Mjǫlnir - 10-12-2012, 09:40 AM
[] - Skyhawk - 10-12-2012, 09:40 AM
[] - strpenta - 10-12-2012, 09:40 AM
[] - Entropy - 10-12-2012, 09:40 AM
[] - finaldx - 10-12-2012 09:40 AM
[] - Angel R - 10-12-2012, 09:40 AM