This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ban horse racing? What do you think?
10-12-2012, 10:47 AM

I think horses, like any animal, should be kept to live a good life, not for others entertainment. They follow orders because they are whipped and beaten by their owners, they will be put down for hurting a human, they can't just kick a rider off of it's back, they know from past experience that they will be beat. The only reason they get so much "vet care" is because their tendons and muscles are constantly being strained by them being forced to run. Just because other animals have it worse, doesn't make this ok.

Just like I think bull riding and bull running, and cock fighting is animal cruelty, this is just another abuse of animals for entertainment. Killing cows, hunting, and fishing, are for food, we have to eat and it's something we've done since cavemen and what some people on the world still depend on to survive, that's just nature (though some forms of slaughtering are inhumane and I don't support hunting for sport), but NOT horse riding wont kill or deprive anyone. It's pointless and unfair to the animal.

Also, they have a huge drug problem in the racing industry, a horse should not be on drugs! Yes, there are many owner who love and care for their horses and don't treat them cruelly, and their horses love to run, but there are way too many owners who don't have the animals best intentions in mind and abuse them and the animals only run in fear, and this industry encourages it. They breed to many horses that end up not making it.

http://www.chai-online.org/en/compassion...racing.htm
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Pickles the Wise - 10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
[] - broadmountain230 - 10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
[] - elliebean - 10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
[] - ThatFunnyJerk - 10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
[] - Evergreen - 10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
[] - Lawn Mower - 10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
[] - TheBrokenMinor - 10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
[] - Happyhot476 - 10-12-2012 10:47 AM