This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does anyone has experience of these "Work at home jobs".I heard they are frauds.?
02-28-2013, 01:41 PM

There are reputable companies that allow you to work at home. Depending on the size of your city you may even find telecommuter positions in your own town. But be aware that many of the jobs that emphasize "work at home" are scams. No matter what you do the important part to figure out first is do you want to be self employed or do you want to be employed. If your husband works FT at a job, they self employment may be advantagous from a tax standpoint. Conversely, if you don't keep good records, employment is what you want. ABC and NBC news did a couple of stories that are in the archives that gave company names of reputable employers who hire people to work from home FT and PT. I investigated this myself as I am not working currently so I can stay with my mother in her last few years and most were phone positions, you have to be available every weekend and they pay about $10/hr. Also, depending on the state you live in, some of these employers don't hire in all states due to unemployment benefits costs. If you want to be self employed be prepared to invest money. No matter if you bootstrap a small cottage business or if you do Herbalife (appx $5000 initial investment to make money) or Avon($10 sign up), you will need to spend some money. I know people in both these areas and the Herbalife Rep makes 150K/yr and the Avon Rep makes 90K/yr, but they are COMMITED to their products. You must be organized, a self starter and you will need to set priorities depending on your needs. But as the other individual stated if it promises the moon for very little work or money, it is most likely a scam.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - lb_centaur - 02-28-2013, 01:25 PM
[] - Kim K - 02-28-2013, 01:28 PM
[] - Jawahar - 02-28-2013, 01:32 PM
[] - Retired4now - 02-28-2013 01:41 PM
[] - presyous17 - 02-28-2013, 01:50 PM