This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with my character please?
02-28-2013, 02:38 PM

I really like your second character because I haven't seen her a hundred times before. She has a complex realism I find compelling. You're so right; just because someone blushes does NOT make them stupid or weak. I know this from personal experience. I don't like to talk about myself, butI have a demanding, high tech professional career, but people often assume I'm less intelligent than I am simply because I am a bit reserved at times and still blush occasionally.

Strip away my medical persona and I'm back in high school again all these years later (sometimes). You're right, again, in that being like that, having been rather harshly judged in the past as being less than bright or even stuck up does make me a bit quick to judge others, sometimes rather too harshly in return, but it's also honed my intuition to a razor fine edge. That literally saved my life, at least once for certain, when I chose not to trust someone because I got a "bad feeling" about him. He turned out to be a very bad man, the worst sort of man for a woman to be alone with.

I think the character you described would naturally be drawn to someone like her. It seems to fit his character and circumstances more so than the others. She also "rounds him out" nicely. They fill in each other's "gaps" in a way. Her intuition, empathy and loyalty make communication easier than it would be with someone with harder edges, yet there is plenty of room for drama when needed as well if you wish to go in that direction. They are enough alike to be great friends, but different enough not to bore each other to tears.

I like this girl, actually I like them both already and hope you choose her. Best of luck with your writing. I'd love to know how it goes!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Help with my character please? - Susan fan - 02-28-2013, 01:56 PM
[] - Ash - 02-28-2013, 02:00 PM
[] - no_chakras - 02-28-2013, 02:07 PM
[] - Betty - 02-28-2013, 02:16 PM
[] - Daryn - 02-28-2013, 02:19 PM
[] - SweetandSassy - 02-28-2013, 02:26 PM
[] - Amy - 02-28-2013, 02:27 PM
[] - Christopher - 02-28-2013, 02:32 PM
[] - Chantal G - 02-28-2013, 02:35 PM