This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My parents think I'm a loner!?!?
02-28-2013, 06:24 PM

Tell your mother that you're you...you're not other people. Tell them just what you said here in your post. You have friends, but you prefer your own company.

There's nothing wrong with that.

Besides, your mother needs to get away from twitter and instagram and any other social networks. It's like reality tv....it's not real.

My father made similar comments about me. But, I preferred to be on my own. I wish I did have more friends but I couldn't find any I could relate to. I was raised around adults and rarely anyone my own age so I was interested in things that kids didn't even know about. It all worked out in the end.

So, how far did your mom's popularity get her? Popularity is a joke, It only exists in high school as a way to separate people, to classify others as being "better" than the average kid. When you think about it, it's cruel. Being popular doesn't get you better friends, a better job or a better life.

Don't do ANYTHING just to make someone happy. It's not worth it.

Why do you need some guy to make you feel important? Sounds like your self esteem is lacking.

Just talk to guys like you would anyone else. Be kind. Volunteer. Get involved in your community. Talk to people you come in contact with...and just be yourself. There's no trick to it.

Talk to a school counselor or therapist about your self esteem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My parents think I'm a loner!?!? - ecarg - 02-28-2013, 05:44 PM
[] - Eugene - 02-28-2013, 05:52 PM
[] - Michael Goodman - 02-28-2013, 05:56 PM
[] - Liv - 02-28-2013, 05:58 PM
[] - ♥Krysable♥ - 02-28-2013, 06:06 PM
[] - TheQueen - 02-28-2013, 06:14 PM
[] - H - 02-28-2013 06:24 PM
[] - John - 02-28-2013, 06:26 PM
[] - Pink Glasses - 02-28-2013, 06:35 PM