This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is intellectual hypocrisy better than moral hypocrisy?
02-28-2013, 06:39 PM

Intellectual hypocrisy? I would assume that means that one calls another an idiot, when they themselves are an idiot? - Things like that. -

Hypocrisy almost always refers to moral beliefs, rather than "intellectual" beliefs. Like when a 19 year old girl who has slept with seven different people looks at someone who's wearing too much makeup and overly revealing clothes and calls them a whore.

I wouldn't say that it's a matter of whether or not one is truly "better" than the other. But if we are going to claim that there even is such a thing as "intellectual hypocrisy" vs moral hypocrisy, I would have to say that intellectual hypocrisy is less insulting to the hypocrite, and moral hypocrisy is less insulting to the people the hypocrite is trying to "insult".

The reason for my opinion is: If a woman was ever a slut and she calls an unwed mother a slut without knowing how many or how few people that mother has ever slept with, she only proves how judgmental and idiotic her own opinion is. It only takes one sexual partner, and only one time, to create a baby (even if most people don't get pregnant on the first go)... and one sexual partner does not make someone a slut. - If a woman calls another an idiot because she believes in the big bang theory and the other does not, it ultimately only says that she is firm in her beliefs.

On the victims side: It means nothing to be called a slut by a slut. But even if it shouldn't mean anything to be called an idiot by someone who is frigid and judgmental, it almost always stings a bit when someone questions your intelligence in any way (even if they are a hypocrite).

And of course, I can be hypocritical at times (I'm getting better about it), but when you look at it, hypocrisy of any kind just seems b!tchy and like the sign of a weak minded and insecure person.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - risa - 02-28-2013, 06:19 PM
[] - Slakker Mahn - 02-28-2013, 06:20 PM
[] - Lapiz Dominoes - 02-28-2013, 06:24 PM
[] - Frederic - 02-28-2013, 06:32 PM
[] - Mutant_Genome - 02-28-2013 06:39 PM