This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to stay motivated on my diet?
03-01-2013, 09:31 AM

First, and foremost - to reach a goal you need to FOCUS your attention on what you want. Surround yourself with positive, encouraging pictures and books. Studies show that when we even just LOOK at a health magazine, it effects our thinking, and makes us want to keep trying. Then, if you read the articles, they will inspire you, and help you keep more on track. What we think about is what we become.. Read books on positive thinking, reaching your goals - my favorite is 'maximum achievement', which you can probably get at the library - this book really encouraged me, and gave me confidence.

http://www.sparkpeople.com is a great FREE diet website that helped me to reach my goal - it's like facebook - you can chart your progress, 'friend' other people, join workout groups.. they have encouraging articles, recipes.. I can't say enough about this site! They help with diet/exercise suggestions.. and answer questions. Check it out..

One last thing is to always stay positive - NO negative self-talk.. there are no failures, only learning experiences - if you talk down to yourself, you get depressed. Think of yourself as your own personal weight loss coach - cheer for yourself, reward yourself, talk to yourself like you are your own best friend.. and you will have much more success than if you 'bully' yourself.. I don't know that you do this, but I used to, and from experience, I can tell you that it takes a huge toll on self-confidence and self-esteem. I had verbally beaten myself up so often that I just couldn't ever succeed.. We need to love ourselves, in order to be successful.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Nicolette - 03-01-2013, 09:30 AM
[] - Hope! - 03-01-2013 09:31 AM
[] - Jon G - 03-01-2013, 09:39 AM
[] - bling - 03-01-2013, 09:42 AM
[] - AlJo - 03-01-2013, 09:49 AM