This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My daughter is being bullied again.?
03-01-2013, 10:36 AM

As a child i moved around a lot (parents job) so I ended goint to at least 12 different schools.
One thing I can tell you is that different schools have completely different cultures and views on bullying.
It sounds to me that the first school was awful and you did right taking her out of there. The second school sounds like it is trying to do something, but maybe not enough and also maybe they want to avoid telling you exactly what is going on (maybe they have heard what appened in the last place).

If she has got friends in this school, the push was the only physical bulling that happened and it is not affecting your daughters self esteem you may want to consider letting her stay in the second school for a bit longer. Bullies tend to go for easy targets. She may have been an easy target because she was the new kid, but they may move onto someone else as she is no longer new.

If you do feel that the bulling is affecting her change schools. Have a good look at the next school and ask about their feelings about bullying and what strategies they have to prevent it. Some schools assign new students an older mentor to help them get aquanted with their new school. Of the schools I have been to there was only 1 school that was excelent at dealing with bullying and maybe 2 or 3 that were pretty good. So make sure you look around.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Christine - 03-01-2013 10:36 AM
[] - Hi - 03-01-2013, 10:36 AM
[] - Forever - 03-01-2013, 10:36 AM