This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Getting over abusive relationship?
03-03-2013, 07:14 AM

When me & my ex of 6.5 years split up this May, suddenly people started coming around. They would remark that they had not seen me smile in years.

I forgot how many friends I HAD had, once upon a time before him....I forgot what it was like to have family in my home more often than holidays.

I forgot how it felt to have a carefree day. I kid you not, I felt lighter....it was about a week after we split & I noticed myself smiling & giddy for no reason other than the sunshine felt good on my skin.

Reconnect with your past. Some peeps may feel you blew them off for a guy & not be too interested, but for true friends once they understand how out of your own control your life was, they will quickly embrace you again.

You may hear the odd warning: go back to him & you can forget my number forever.

Focus on yourself. Your likes & dislikes. I found I really forgot that too. Everything we did focused on him & his needs.

Explore.

Consider this a rebirth. Never take your freedom for granted again & never let anyone take it away from you again.

PS: Notice I didn't even touch on the issue of moving on with another guy....as the poster above me mentions, most people should not go from an abusive relationship straight into another....

Get your strength back, emotionally, mentally, and physically, before you even think of going there. If that means counselling, then get it.

Good luck kiddo...you are on the cusp of a whole new life, a whole new world.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Getting over abusive relationship? - King - 03-03-2013, 07:06 AM
[] - Guru - 03-03-2013, 07:14 AM
[] - Sue B - 03-03-2013, 07:14 AM
[] - Sue C - 03-03-2013, 07:14 AM
[] - kpopp - 03-03-2013, 07:14 AM
[] - kindrifle476 - 03-03-2013 07:14 AM
[] - Angellover7880 - 03-03-2013, 07:14 AM