This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I get rid of the program Virus Doctor?
03-25-2013, 05:59 PM

It's a rogue program, here's an approach to get shot of it....

In order to successfully remove malware infections (viruses, spyware, adware etc) from your PC you need to follow a methodical approach as well as using effective (and free) tools. There’s a decent guide covering this that you can work through at My Slow PC (http://www.MySlowPC.co.uk/) – click on the “Troubleshooting” link. Here’s my advice from it:

1.) Turn System Restore OFF so any infection that you remove is not restored.

2.) Scan with a combination of the best detection utilities as you’ll find different scanners can sometimes pick up different infections. E.g.

* McAfee Stinger – a free stand-alone utility used to detect and remove specific viruses.
* SpyBot Search & Destroy – a spyware/adware scanner
* Lavasoft Adaware – for spyware/adware

Note – it might be a good idea to disconnect your network connection once you’ve updated them with the latest virus/spyware definitions. This is due to the fact that often an infection is trying to spread over your network.

3.) If the above fails or you’re not sure if you’re still infected, when you start your PC tap the F8 key, select “Safe Mode” and repeat the scans once you’re connected.

I hope the above helps, as mentioned the guide above is a lot more detailed and the My Slow PC site is pretty useful. Good luck!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - jaun kerr - 03-25-2013, 05:59 PM
[] - Alex J - 03-25-2013, 05:59 PM
[] - Bluuuuur ♥ - 03-25-2013, 05:59 PM
[] - Daniel A - 03-25-2013, 05:59 PM
[] - blood_fire_ice - 03-25-2013, 05:59 PM
[] - Morgie - 03-25-2013 05:59 PM