This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Maketing advice for small company?
04-16-2013, 07:13 PM

Your job title may be marketing manager but it sound a lot more like you're being expected to be a sales person. Marketing takes a budget - because marketing precedes you - meaning it goes out in front of you. I sort of agree with the other writer - it kind of sounds like your boss is throwing a young guy to the wolves a little bit.

I suggest two things in your particular circumstance: PR (public relations) and sales. PR will not get you sales but if your business becomes known through the media, articles in trade journals etc - it will make the job of selling much easier. The book I recommend is "Full Frontal PR" by Richard Laermer. It takes you step by step through how to do PR and it's pretty much free.

Then you need to start selling. Find out what's worked in the past and what hasn't worked. Get on the horn and call and set up meetings and go see the people. Leverage any media exposure you've had when you talk with people.

Good luck - I wish you well.

All the best,

Denise Michaels
Author, "Testosterone-Free Marketing"
Get the book at http://www.tfmbook.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - John R - 04-16-2013, 07:13 PM
[] - Johnny B - 04-16-2013, 07:13 PM
[] - Stephen L - 04-16-2013, 07:13 PM
[] - mangal - 04-16-2013, 07:13 PM