This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fifty Shades of Gray?
04-26-2013, 08:15 PM

I have read the books. There are no vampires in Fifty Shades. They are comparing it to Twilight because of the angsty feel of the book....like Twilight. It was originally written and posted chapter by chapter on a Twilighters fan fic site. The story is basically about a young 20 something romance. Christian is the 27 yr old male protagonist is intelligent, wealthy, handsome and incredibly emotionally messed up. At an incredibly young age, (15 yrs old) he is inducted into the BDSM lifestyle by a family friend who is and older woman. Anastasia is the 22 yr old college co-ed who, sent by her sick friend to interview him, ends up making an unexpected impression on him. She is heady, fairly well adjusted and has a fiesty, take no bull attitude. From everything I have been reading people are making a huge deal out of the BDSM lifestyle in the book, but in truth it is quite tame compared to other authors I have read. I would call this more like, An introduction to BDSM 101, lol. People have asked if this is something a 17 year old could read. It depends on the 17 year old. It may make some people uncomfortable, while others will have no problem with it. If you have any doubt as to whether or not your young adult should read it, I strongly suggest reading it yourself first. This book does NOT advocate violence against women (or men) and neither does BDSM. I want to make that perfectly clear. It is a good read in my opinion. The characters although often times frustrating are indeed endearing. The book does have sexual situations and sexual scenarios, both vanilla and BDSM though the BDSM sexual scenarios are tame in my opinion.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Fifty Shades of Gray? - ediojfdfhjk - 04-26-2013, 07:47 PM
[] - Gwennie B - 04-26-2013, 07:57 PM
[] - Isabella - 04-26-2013, 08:10 PM
[] - kindfruit942 - 04-26-2013 08:15 PM