This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Finding Companies That Need Computer Help?
04-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Finding Companies That Need Computer Help?
I have been running my own computer company for about a year now. I have 3 clients which I pretty much got when I first put up my website. They are not local clients they are scattered across the country. Most of the work is local done as a 1099 contractor.

That is good enough for now but I am getting a little frustrated in that I have probably paid out almost $20,000 in the past 6 months for website optimization, fixing my website, paying contractor services to find me work, marketing, etc.

I feel that a computer repair business will run itself with word of mouth. I am considered one of the best techs by theses contracting companies I use; I know this because they are constantly increasing my territory, which make more drive time for me, which also means more money, which means I actually loose valuable work time sitting in my care for 6 hours or on a plane for 2 days. Not that I have any local clients anyway to lose that time on.

My question is how local computer companies find work locally. I have posted my resume and profile on every social media site, freelance site I can find. My information is on almost 100 different sites. Is there site I can go to, can I call someone, how do I find them? I know I can Google myself and find my company rather quickly.

Can anyone think of anything I am not doing or should I just throw in the towel? Im not looking to do just break-fix work. I have a Masters in information technology, with over 15 years of experience. I got tired of working for other people making 10 times more than me running their own businesses and I work for peanuts. I was considered their best tech as well but I fell I am more than a tech.

While at Best Buy I was hired as a Geek Squad territory manager for the Washington DC area and took that market from a $500,000 to a $2.5 million market in 2 years. I know I can run a company and do the same I just need to get the ball rolling. I feel like I have shelled out enough money that I’m sure I have sucker written across my forehead by now.

Any advice or help would greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Anthony Fornito

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Finding Companies That Need Computer Help? - Anthony Fornito - 04-28-2013 10:00 AM
[] - Uncommon Sense - 04-28-2013, 10:11 AM
[] - Casey Y - 04-28-2013, 10:24 AM
[] - Richard L - 04-28-2013, 10:37 AM
[] - wideanswer224 - 04-28-2013, 10:44 AM