This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need ideas for my social network?
04-28-2013, 04:42 PM

You're in way over your head. And p2p social network is a bad idea, that would mean that when you turn your computer off your profile would be unavailable. Unless you are planning on having your data stored on other peoples computer? That's a security breach. I don't think you've really thought this through. I also don't think you understand how p2p works well enough to design it. Nobody is going to want their personal profile information stored on a bunch of random computers. And to top that off nobody is going to want you to use their internet or hard drive as a storage device.

p2p does not JUST work you need to use a central location to find your first peers. That central location can be blocked and then you can't find any peers dynamically.

Point to point encryption? anyone can read your data inbetween? I'm sorry but I would never use this service, and neither would anyone else. Way too insecure.........

Here is my suggestion:
until you figure out a social network that you can design that will be able to beat facebook. Don't try, unless that is not your goal. If your goal is to have a small social network for certain people or something go ahead.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need ideas for my social network? - Jesse - 04-28-2013, 04:41 PM
[] - Walter M - 04-28-2013 04:42 PM