This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why can't we Conservatives do a better job of expressing our concern for the down-trodden and impoverished?
04-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Why can't we Conservatives do a better job of expressing our concern for the down-trodden and impoverished?
We have a problem showing that we do care about the poor.

The difference is that we disagree on what is considered Need.

I have very strong and distinct ideas about what it means to be impoverished and deserving of help.

When will we start showing our natural concern, that we help by choice, not by force?

Any ideas?

What is the difference between Needs and Wants to you, Democrats and Conservatives alike?

Do we have a Responsibility to provide for Everyone's Needs? Is that a Right?

And do the people being provided for have any Responsibility in the system?

Thanks.
Thanks @Griffin. Empowerment. That is what I was looking for.

My 26 year old daughter, mother of 3 of my grandkids called again this week. She's $300 short for rent...again.

I wanted to talk about how to prevent this from happening over and over, I wanted to get to the root of the problem.

She wanted me to just send her a check.

I think you have hit upon the Answer.

Liberals want to just give her the check.

I want her to stop spending $100/month on smokes and $200/month on nails, hair, and Saturday nights with the girls.

I want to empower her to be responsible for herself and her kids.

She just wants me to send her another check.

And her first response when I even try to suggest talking about how to solve this problem is, "You just don't want to help!" followed by tears, then, "You have the money, you can afford it."

She doesn't realize that I'm trying to Empower her, so that by the time she is my age, she'll be in a position to HEL
...to HELP her kids when they need it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why can't we Conservatives do a better job of expressing our concern for the down-trodden and impoverished? - The Solution - 04-28-2013 08:44 PM
[] - Quietsweater947 - 04-28-2013, 08:46 PM
[] - Phantompatch948 - 04-28-2013, 08:49 PM
[] - Loser - 04-28-2013, 09:02 PM
[] - Midnightmusic723 - 04-28-2013, 09:15 PM
[] - Harry - 04-28-2013, 09:19 PM
[] - DustinHowell - 04-28-2013, 09:25 PM
[] - Griffin - 04-28-2013, 09:34 PM
[] - Leslie Goudy - 04-28-2013, 09:36 PM