This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hard time deciding between a GSD & a Lab?
04-29-2013, 09:07 AM
Hard time deciding between a GSD & a Lab?
My fiance and I have been doing tons of research on both breeds and having a really difficult time deciding which will be the best for us. I don't think we could really go wrong with either, but here is a little background:

We are very active (running, hiking, camping, etc), live in the suburbs with a medium-sized fenced yard and our house backs up to a park (unlimited play space for the dog). I spend the majority of nights alone due to my fiance's work schedule, so we like the idea of a dog having protective instincts. We love that GSD's are so smart and easy to train (when given the proper amount of time, stimulation, and socialization), but we are also very social people and would prefer a dog that is friendly to people, and not indifferent. Labs are so bubbly and lovable they just make you feel good. They are also very smart, but I have known some labs that are so cool/relaxed, while others can be a complete spaz. Also don't like their habit of eating/chewing on everything. Both shed, so what are you going to do about that. Lastly, the pup have to be good with kids (no brainer).

I would love to hear your opinions. Like I said, I don't think we can go wrong, but it is a huge personal and financial commitment, so we just want to feel confident with our decision. Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Hard time deciding between a GSD & a Lab? - lexigirl - 04-29-2013 09:07 AM
[] - uknowitstrue - 04-29-2013, 09:17 AM
[] - Tara - 04-29-2013, 09:24 AM
[] - Saddle Sore - 04-29-2013, 09:34 AM
[] - Emily - 04-29-2013, 09:50 AM