This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
buy/sell: complaining about people stealing digital media (music, etc.) is like complaining about the library?
05-01-2013, 04:28 PM

sell.

libraries buy their books legally, or get books donated to them which were bought legally

a library loans books, it doesn't give them away for free, plus authors don't have to pay thousands of dollars for studio time to record their books.

ripping music from a loaned CD is piracy, it doesn't only start being piracy when the internet is involved.

and it's not okay to pirate those indie bands either, regardless of recording costs, I'm not suggesting that it's okay to steal books either, so I guess that point I made about studio time doesn't really mean anything.

libraries don't buy new books all the time in order to loan them out, so new books stay on book shop shelves long enough to remain profitable.

you can only re-loan a book if someone hasn't reserved it, some books can be popular.

I don't think you can compare libraries to piracy at all.

**so it's like being against television, that would make sense if bands packed their lyrics with advertising, you're basically saying they SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED to gain any sort of financial benefit from releasing their art to the public, that's a stipulation that no other type of artist has to deal with, everyone rightly expects to be paid for their work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - giganticscarecrow929 - 05-01-2013, 04:13 PM
[] - Old Fogey - 05-01-2013, 04:16 PM
[] - skinnybutter966 - 05-01-2013 04:28 PM
[] - Awesome Gan - 05-01-2013, 04:38 PM
[] - MuckyCat - 05-01-2013, 04:39 PM
[] - screechingdaughter027 - 05-01-2013, 04:53 PM