This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are the social implications of a genetic basis for the differences in IQ between whites and blacks?
05-03-2013, 12:13 AM
What are the social implications of a genetic basis for the differences in IQ between whites and blacks?
I'm not suggesting anything so don't accuse me of racism. I'm just presenting a what if scenario. If it could be proved beyond doubt that the differences in IQ between whites and blacks is a result of genetic differences and has very little to do with the environment, what would be the social implications of this.

I would say ending affirmative action is one thing that could and would be done, because affirmative action assumes that blacks and whites have the same intellectual potential, and that blacks are only at a disadvantage because of the environment that they grow up in. Affirmative action assumes that IQ differences and SAT score differences between whites and blacks is largely environmental. If it could be proved that the IQ difference between whites and blacks is largely genetic, then affirmative action is a waste of time and achieves nothing and should be brought to an end.

What other social implications can you think of?

Another question - Why are we so determined to censor this debate on race and IQ. The truth may be harsh, but surely it is better to know the truth than hide from it. Any scientist that speaks on issue of race and IQ is attacked by everyone and censored in the media. This is not healthy because it prevents us knowing the whole truth on the issue. Atleast let them investigate it properly and let them share their findings with the world instead of attacking and being frightened of what they have to say.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What are the social implications of a genetic basis for the differences in IQ between whites and blacks? - David - 05-03-2013 12:13 AM
[] - KeyshaJ - 05-03-2013, 12:17 AM
[] - Meilin - 05-03-2013, 12:28 AM
[] - ed031639 - 05-03-2013, 12:32 AM
[] - Johnny Relentless - 05-03-2013, 12:36 AM
[] - Ford Prefect - 05-03-2013, 12:37 AM