This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
when does a blog writer starts getting paid?
05-05-2013, 04:39 AM

Making money from blogging is usually done in a few ways:
1.) Advertising - Selling ad space on your blog is definitely the most popular way to make money blogging. Usually you will be paid on a cost-per-click (CPC) or cost-per-milli (CPM - per thousand views) basis.
2.) Affiliate programs - If you suggest a product on your site and then your readers buy that product, you can earn commissions from that sale
3.) Referrals - Sites that provide advertising or affiliate programs will often have referral programs that allow you to refer others to use their service. If you refer someone, you often earn a percentage of their commission for the first year or so.
4.) Merchandising - If you have an extremely loyal fan base, or a cult status among fans (along the lines of perez hilton or ask-a-ninja) you can often make money from selling merchandise related to your blog.
5.) Self promoting - If you have a business site, or something else that you do that makes you money, you can use your blog's traffic to promote your other business ventures.
6.) Paid reviews - there are certain sites that will pay you to write reviews of their products. You usually have to disclose that it is a paid review, but you're pretty much welcome to say whatever you want about the product, as long as it's a real review.

I've actually written a very in-depth article on the subject of monetizing blogs and social networking sites that you can read here: http://wp.me/p1CQ20-5d
It has links to all of the programs that I've mentioned above, as well as tips for attracting traffic, building back-links, increasing your page rank, and much more.

Good Luck!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Mert - 05-05-2013, 03:59 AM
[] - Dr. Steve - 05-05-2013, 04:07 AM
[] - Trust The Bear - 05-05-2013, 04:23 AM
[] - Freddi Lee - 05-05-2013 04:39 AM