This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would the Sony VAIO recovery discs restore my OS Win-7?
05-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Would the Sony VAIO recovery discs restore my OS Win-7?
Hello,
I bought Sony VAIO VGN-NW20SF Intel Core2 Duo Windows-7 from London Westfield (WhiteCity) Sony Store in November 2009. I have now permanently moved to my home country India. I have had created two recovery discs as suggested by Sony VAIO initially when I switched-on my laptop for the first time. Now I think theres a problem with the web browser of my laptop(internet explorer and google chrome-both-the ones that I normally use) and the internet connectivity.
Error message is: "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to http://www.facebook.com
Try reloading: www.­facebook.­com
Additional suggestions:
Access a cached copy of www.­facebook.­com
Go to www.­facebook.­co
Search on Google: "
I have tried to refresh the page many a times. Same problem exist with other websites but most of the times with Facebook. Facebook never opens with the first click...never...! I have reinstalled both of the above mentioned browsers many a times but the problem still exist. I use my home wifi only with my laptop. Home wifi connectivity and internet is excellent without any problems(as we use the same on our mobiles). Now, I have few questions...
1. Would using the recovery discs solve the problem?
2. Would the recovery discs restore my laptop to its starting point (including its built in OS Win-7 and drivers initially installed)?
3. How exactly and in the best way to use these recovery discs?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Would the Sony VAIO recovery discs restore my OS Win-7? - jay_dil4u - 05-05-2013 01:15 PM
[] - Techno - 05-05-2013, 01:22 PM