This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I host my own website on my own servers?
05-08-2013, 04:51 PM

It most likely depends on who you use for your isp. You need to tell them what you plan to do - they may not allow it on a residential plan, and you might be forced to go to a business plan, my particular isp allows it for an additional couple of hundred a month, on top of the business plan. If you want the business plan, you MUST be incorporated. You have to tell them in order to register your domain name with their nameservers.

No additional hardware is needed really. It doesn't take much to run your own site, unless you were to have a ton of sites on the server, then you would need top of the line stuff. Your computer must be on 24/7. It's also a heck of alot cheaper to use a shared webhosting company.

Companies like Facebook and Google use datacenters to host their servers across the world. How their internet works, I'm not sure but I can be reasonably sure that they spend millions for it, just like they do their servers and datacenters.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Inda Cloud - 05-08-2013 04:51 PM
[] - Luby - 05-08-2013, 04:55 PM
[] - viktor - 05-08-2013, 05:01 PM
[] - Charlie - 05-08-2013, 05:13 PM
[] - Fabian - 05-08-2013, 05:26 PM