This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
need opinions on what to do for an internship?
05-12-2013, 04:55 PM
need opinions on what to do for an internship?
I am a marketing major. This is my last quarter and I am to do an internship for a class as a grade and to also gain experience.

My current internship position is for a small dress company in the fashion district of New York City. I am a production and logistics intern. Where I help with showroom things like making sure space is clean and tidy and dresses are well kept and look nicely hung, etc. for potential clients who come in. I also travel to Brooklyn to help package orders at the factory. I have been running errands, and doing footwork for the supervisors there. I am somewhat like Anne Hathaway in The Devil Wears Prada.

I am not quite sure if I want to pursue a career in this as it is very demanding and I have a 5 month old baby. I am not even sure what job titles I would even be able to apply for after the internship at this small business is completed. I believe production or logistics, pr, marketing manager, project manager, would be some of the titles. Are there any someone knows of?

Then there is another internship where I have the opportunity to develop a twitter and facebook account for, manage, and promote another company in that way. As well as answer phones and do administrative duties. I am sure I will meet many company owners and clients and can network myself through them also.

I am not quite sure with an internship like the second what job titles I would be able to get. Does anyone know?

Lastly, I am torn between to stay at the dress company or go to the one dealing with the social media. I want to stay at one that will give me a better chance at job opportunities upon completion.
Which do you think would look better on a resume? Any tips or advice on what I should do?

I greatly appreciate the time and effort. If I could meet yous I would give you a big kiss!! ha ha

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
need opinions on what to do for an internship? - beautyschooldropout - 05-12-2013 04:55 PM
[] - Terrible - 05-12-2013, 05:09 PM