This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trying to forget an abusive boyfriend?
05-12-2013, 05:17 PM

Its been a year since I got out of a relationship, he never hurt me physically but through the relationship I lost weight and my self esteem and friends. You have to focus first on you, you need to start eating again and sleeping i'm guessing! When you get these basic needs fulfilled you will feel stronger.

Try finding a new job, new activities to take up just to meet some new people. From my experience they wont be your best friend overnight but give it time. Making friends takes its time especially for people who may struggle to trust again. Things will hurt, some days will be better than others. You have to battle it as best you can.

12 months on I have a small handful of friends I see every so often, still not as often as i'd like but I did go on holiday with one girl. I still get anxious about situations, I over think and worry a lot. I need to learn to relax more. But I don't cry over him, I have pieced some of my life back together and I feel so much happier than before. I have more space to grow and time will surely bring that. Same goes for you!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Fran UK Man - 05-12-2013, 05:16 PM
[] - Missy - 05-12-2013 05:17 PM
[] - Patricia - 05-12-2013, 05:32 PM
[] - thomchez - 05-12-2013, 05:44 PM
[] - jl - 05-12-2013, 05:55 PM
[] - Pamela - 05-12-2013, 06:10 PM