This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think it's fair that readers review books they didn't finish reading? + an Amazon Q.?
05-27-2013, 03:08 PM

I think that provided they review the part of the book they read, and are clear that's what they are doing, then it's fine.

"some authors don't like it when someone reviews a book that they stopped reading."

Let's be honest here. They don't give a monkeys whether you stopped reading it or not - do you think all those friends who they beg to leave five star reviews have read it? All they care about is how many stars you leave. They'd FAR rather have five stars and "best book EVAH!!!" from someone who read two sentences than two stars and some advice from someone who read all of it.

Yes, I occasionally review a book based on the sample chapter. Invariably that would be a bad review...because if it was going to be a good review, I'd have read the rest too. I always say that's what my review is based on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Eibhlinn - 05-27-2013, 02:47 PM
[] - Ellie - 05-27-2013, 02:57 PM
[] - Rebe - 05-27-2013, 03:06 PM
[] - cathrl69 - 05-27-2013 03:08 PM