This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How is life in Colorado?
05-27-2013, 02:45 PM
How is life in Colorado?
My wife and I are self employed.
We're to the point where we could work one to two days at a job per week and be very comfortable with living at an apartment.

We're working to the point of having to work no days at a job.

Compared to where I live, the price of living in Colorado is about a fourth more expensive for apartment-wise.

We some day want to get to the point in self employment where this can buy our house.

I'm 23 and she's 21. Neither of us use cell phones, facebook, twitter etc and we're not really into socializing with people.

I've heard that people in boulder are very nice and that's what we like.
Where we live now, no one opens doors for people, no one says excuse me, people will fart in public and sneeze in your direction, which I guess it's their life but I would like to live in a place where people don't really bother me, with their conversations or their rudeness.

Where I live, I can open a door for someone and they'll actually walk through without saying thank you. So my wife and I have come to the point of not being polite to people where we live but would like to live in a location where people are happy and greatful, where people just don't really get in the way of each other and we can continue our self employment in a really nice location with nice places to camp, take pictures, hike, bike etc.

I've read about Longmont but I can't find a lot of information with how nice the area is.
The furthest I've lived west are Nebraska and Oklahoma but those were a long time ago with Nebraska being the most recent when I was in 5th grade.

I've never been to Colorado though so I'm not sure about the area.
We want to be closer to the west so we can visit the Grand Canyon and other interesting locations.

I'm looking for a place where the air is fresh and clean, where there's a lot to do, but for now there has to be apartments.

Is boulder too much of a college town with a bunch of kids?
Is Longmont a nice place?
Are there any locations in the mountains or elsewhere that have nice apartments with a nice community?

How much snow does Colorado get?
How much rain?
Is traffic bad in certain cities?
Would a part time job be difficult to get and where?

Details would be nice for your experiences.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How is life in Colorado? - Manic - 05-27-2013 02:45 PM
[] - Gabi - 05-27-2013, 02:50 PM