This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get a following for my band?
06-09-2013, 02:30 AM

one of my best friends is a recording engineer for a multi million dollar recording studio. He told me it's so hard to become a noticeable artist/band these days. He said if he were going to do it - the smartest thing he's seen so far is people getting their CD sold at Starbucks (or even walmart) a place where everyone and their mama goes. I know (and you probably do too) that a good quality recording of your music really sets it off and gets you noticed. We had a radio station here do a battle of the bands for local artists and the winner got studio time for an EP or something. Call radio stations and see if they are affiliated with any studios - see if they'd host something like that. try to play gigs at all kinds of volunteer/charity events going on in your town. get as much exposure as possible. as far as websites and stuff - I can't help, but this is just one music lover passing along word of mouth to another (: OH - there's usually a place in cities like cohabitats...where you can use working space/software for free or a really small fee (like protools recording software). take advantage of all the FREE you can! Best of Luck
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to get a following for my band? - jake - 06-09-2013, 02:26 AM
[] - GibBas - 06-09-2013, 02:27 AM
[] - Audrey - 06-09-2013 02:30 AM
[] - Love - 06-09-2013, 02:35 AM
[] - C - 06-09-2013, 02:45 AM
[] - travis - 06-09-2013, 02:52 AM