This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How much can I make preparing taxes?
10-13-2012, 12:49 AM
How much can I make preparing taxes?
I am taking all of the new certification courses and excited for next year's tax season, but how much can I expect to make my first year? How many clients should I expect to have? I am going to go to clients, work with them via phone, fax, email, and by any other means necessary. I'm buying business cards, flyers, brochures and leaving them around college campuses, local businesses, going to my church, and harassing everyone I know asking for help in spreading the word. To top it off I will offer an incentive program. I am an extremely hard worker and I will pound pavement, hang door hangers, and advertise over social media day in and day out to get as many clients as possible. How many clients can I reasonably expect to bring in with this much drive and dedication? Is 300-500 an outlandish figure?
I should have been a lot more specific! I plan on marketing myself as a simple return preparer, forms 1040 A and 1040 Ez. Until I get enough start up money I'll be using the new pay as you go intuit program. Pricey, yes, but I have to start from somewhere. I'm marketing to primarily college students, young mothers, and single tax payers. I am making sure to be incredibly specific about that in my advertisements and when i talk to people.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How much can I make preparing taxes? - Simone - 10-13-2012 12:49 AM
[] - Bobbie - 10-13-2012, 12:57 AM
[] - Bostonian In MO - 10-13-2012, 12:57 AM
[] - Judy - 10-13-2012, 12:57 AM
[] - acmeraven - 10-13-2012, 12:57 AM
[] - tro - 10-13-2012, 12:57 AM
[] - IntellectualBig734 - 10-13-2012, 12:57 AM