This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Whatever happened to chat forums & messageboards?
07-30-2013, 03:19 PM
Whatever happened to chat forums & messageboards?
Yeah I know there are messageboards on every website these days, but they are all interest-specific, like bicycle forums or knitting forums or taxidermy forums or whatever. I'm talking about old-fashioned general chat forums. Have they all been replaced by the IQ-reducing blight of Facebook and Twitter?

I won't use Facebook because it demands my real identity and photograph (would they like to see my drivers license and bank statement too?) and I don't trust such intrusive, high-risk websites, and for that matter I have no desire to let any of the people I work with know a damned thing about my private life. I tried signing up on Facebook twice with obviously fake details and photos (I'm pretty sure no one would think I was really the ghost of medieval court jester) but both times I was banned within 2 weeks. Ridiculous if you ask me.

Twitter is only of interest if you like "following" celebrities. Like I give a **** what Cameron Diaz wore to dinner or what brand of aftershave Brandon Routh wears. Unless you are following people, all you have is a blank, empty homepage. From what I've seen of it, Twitter has no content as such, just an infinite number of brief L8 txt-spk messages from people who want to tell the World that "Kelly is a f***ing skank, she neva gave me bak me mun-ey for dat burger and she sukked off Gaz round the bak of the toilets.."

Incidentally, does anyone remember ChatterboxUK? It was a bit lame but it was family friendly and I rather miss it now it's gone.
Only two answers but I can't decide between them. Vote, vote vote..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Whatever happened to chat forums & messageboards? - Cosmic MasterMind - 07-30-2013 03:19 PM
[] - teenymaid322 - 07-30-2013, 03:34 PM
[] - abraXus - 07-30-2013, 03:38 PM