This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I legally and/or ethically obligated to report an elementary teacher who grows/smokes marijuana?
10-13-2012, 05:21 AM

On a medical/chemical level, it is no different than having a couple beers in the evening. As long as he is not doing it before school, or during school hours, when he uses it is not effecting his job.

I DO believe this is none of your business, especially if you are in a medical marijuana state. If he is using it for medical purposes, he is DRASTICALLY safer with the kids than he would be if he were on vicodin, oxy, xanax, anti psychotics or virtually any other rx med that marijuana is used in place of.

You say activities that could cause people harm, but if he is not using it at school, and is not bringing it to school, how is it harming anyone? How would it harm people more if he was on any of the meds I just mentioned, which would give him a legal right to bring and use those meds AT school?? Wouldnt that put more people in danger?? What if kids went through his stuff and found his xanax, then passed it around the school. Wouldnt that pose drastically more danger than if kids found his marijuana and passed that around????

On the legal side of things... if he is not a medical marijuana patient, he can get into a LOT of trouble. Even if he is a medical marijuana patient, he still cannot have the marijuana on school property. You would have a legal responsibility to report if you knew he was giving it to the kids, or using it at school. But you have no responsibility to just report personal use of it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Jeff - 10-13-2012, 05:21 AM
[] - Kim - 10-13-2012, 05:21 AM
[] - marie - 10-13-2012 05:21 AM
[] - King96 - 10-13-2012, 05:21 AM
[] - Mayam - 10-13-2012, 05:21 AM
[] - Ghosts - 10-13-2012, 05:21 AM
[] - Deah - 10-13-2012, 05:21 AM