This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Columbia University Supplement essay feedback?
10-13-2012, 06:50 AM

well, im not very smart, but i am 54, life has taught me a lot.- what i did like about ur essay, ... it was very strong, to the point, no bs, .... it is what it is, at least to the point as how u see it. im guessing the reason for the essay is to find out more about u, and u gave them that. what i FELT about u,while reading the essay, was strong person, could explain there self very well, educated, i also felt sadness for u. ( i will admit, this might be the mother or hippie in me) but its like nothing positive came out of ur experiences in life. u have seen the dark side, lived in the dark side, and nothing or nobody will persuade u to believe any differently. which sends a message to me of bad attitude. there has to be a way of putting some positive reflection in there. im in no way trying to say that ur life wasnt has bad as u say, but with bad there is always some good some where, a lesson learned, and example of someone acting out of the norm. .......honestly this is all a little above me, its just that i had a bad family life, i could pretty much say the same things u do, and it did take me a long time, to try to see thing more positively, to learn, to have the courage to be different, than what i grew up with. just my thoughts, for whatever they are worth.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Paul - 10-13-2012, 06:50 AM
[] - hippie chick - 10-13-2012 06:50 AM