This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm terrified to get a Facebook?
08-13-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm terrified to get a Facebook?
Long story short, I'm a bit of a loner, and this year (10th grade) decided to go into independent studies. Academically, it was great, but I lost all of my friends and my social life suffered because I'm very dysfunctional at keeping up relationships without having direct contact with someone. I think part of this has to do with the fact that I'm disconnected from social media. I've never had a Facebook, twitter, instagram, anything. Now that this year is over and I'll be a junior soon, I'd like to change all that. I recently saw an old friend in passing last week and she urged me to get a Facebook. I have another friend who's a senior and joked with me that "if you don't get a Facebook, your responsible for letting this relationship die". That pretty much did it for me, and now I feel like I have no choice but to get one

The problem is that my twin sister whom I'm very close to used to have a Facebook, but got rid of it because she had such a bad experience. She told me that Facebook is very addictive and stressful, and sucks you in. She told me it makes you feel bad, and is basically a correlation of narcissistic posts and selfies that make you feel bad about your own self image. She was pretty young when all of this happened though. And while I feel like this isn't likely to happen with me, you never know

Basically, what I'm worried about is the commitment and the stress of checking it. I also have no Facebook etiquette. Any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I'm terrified to get a Facebook? - Liv96 - 08-13-2013 11:21 AM
[] - Jacob - 08-13-2013, 11:34 AM
[] - Justin - 08-13-2013, 11:39 AM
[] - BellaChica - 08-13-2013, 11:51 AM
[] - Cassidy - 08-13-2013, 12:03 PM