This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do people post Christian status on Facebook/twitter?
08-21-2013, 03:11 AM
Why do people post Christian status on Facebook/twitter?
I'm a Christian & I've noticed something about social networks lately. Some people frequently (Each day at least 5 posts) post Christian status like bible verses, personal prayers & stuff. I appreciate that they are holy & read up on stuff. But why do they want to do that? Can't they do it personally & not post on the Internet for the world to see? I understand that they might want to spread the gospel about Jesus & stuff. But in the bible, It says that God doesn't like people who pray on the streets (u know what I mean). And i feel the relationship and understanding of God should be kept rather personal, instead of being shown to the entire world. & what do they gain from posting all these stuff on social networks where their friends see? Are they yearning for respect or something? I thought that one of the most effective ways of being close to God is having QT with Him (quiet time)? Then why would people post a status of them praying to God & ending with an amen. Do they have to show to their friends that they're close to God, and why would they wanna do that? Personally I find it very unnecessary to post such personal matters so frequently on Facebook. A few can help spread the gospel but every single on of them is really just appalling and questionable.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why do people post Christian status on Facebook/twitter? - Jessica - 08-21-2013 03:11 AM
[] - noddy4real - 08-21-2013, 03:26 AM
[] - Daniel - 08-21-2013, 03:27 AM
[] - dj34325 - 08-21-2013, 03:32 AM