This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Someone warned me on Facebook?? What Shall I do?
08-30-2013, 04:36 AM
Someone warned me on Facebook?? What Shall I do?
I have a page on fb that is almost a copy of an other page. I have the same name and the same profile picture. To be honest, I actually copied the name and the profile picture on a purpose which is gaining more likes. Yesterday I logged in to Facebook to find this message from the owner of that page
"Hello,

Remove this page or you will hear my lawyers.

I own the copyright and trademark of both the title and the logo you are using. I have reported your page to facebook and if this page isn't removed immediately I will pursue legal action for copyright infringement. I was told that legally once I send you this message you have 7 days to remove this, as this here is a legally binding letter to cease and desist. If it's not removed within 7 days you will be violating the law and will be susceptible to pay a $100,000 fine and/or face incarceration.

thanks,
Thomas Kane"

I actually changed the profile picture but kept everything else the same, and I don't really want to delete my page since it took me ages to gain likes. So, can he really do anything of what he listed? and is it a big deal?
@Player1, thanks man Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Someone warned me on Facebook?? What Shall I do? - U Mad Br0 - 08-30-2013 04:36 AM
[] - Player1 - 08-30-2013, 04:38 AM
[] - bcnu - 08-30-2013, 04:40 AM