This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who's your favorite author? [pick just ONE]?
10-13-2012, 02:40 PM

I'd say Diana Wynne Jones is my favorite authors. The biggest I reason I chose her instead of, say, Rowling or Tolkien is that I can read all of her books without pause and never be frustrated with them. Sometimes I get frustrated with the way Rowling and Tolkien write. As for Jones, her writing is beautiful. It's descriptive, without being boring. The dialogue is interesting, without overwhelming the details. In her series', she doesn't repeat a lot of details like Rowling does. (Her first four books have similar, repetitive paragraphs in them with background information on Harry, which is really frustrating because obviously we should know that if we're on the fourth book.) I get bored by the poems and random lore stories in Tolkien's books and especially hate the way Aragorn and Eowyn talk. The worlds that Jones create are expansive and original and fascinating, even more expansive than Rowling's universe.

BQ: This year, wow, I can't remember many of the ones I read at the beginning, but I'd say my favorite is Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien.

BQ2: I have not...

BQ3: I usually look up a subject on library databases or look up authors that I like and then try to search by similar authors. Or, if not that, I'll look up a subject that I'm currently interested in (i.e., people, time periods, etc.) and if the summary sounds compelling, I'll decide to go from there. Also, I used to work at a library so I would occasionally skim through a book or read the back of the book and then I'd check it out or go buy it.

BQ4: "Mystical Mist" by Steven Cravis

BQ5: I'm not huge on paranormal romance myself.

BQ6: I read fictional novels the most, especially historical novels.

BQ7: Diana Wynne Jones. I've read sixteen of her books, all of them that I loved.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Lynn - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - Diane - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - ★☆ L⁴☆★ - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - Just A Girl - 10-13-2012 02:40 PM
[] - Many Interests - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - Taylor M. - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - pomme - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - VisualMaster719 - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM