This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who's your favorite author? [pick just ONE]?
10-13-2012, 02:40 PM

Paul of Tarsus. I picked him, because he's my go-to guy. I've read his books often, and whenever I'm in the mood to just pick one book in the Bible, chances are good, it will end up being The Book of Romans. Now, if I want to feel better about myself (like I'm not as bad a goof up as I feel at times), then I might hit 1 Cor. I don't know why I'm not keen on 2 Cor. Just seems repetitive, I guess.

BQ1: The years not done, and I plan at least 4 more books by the end of the year, so...for now - http://www.amazon.com/Finding-Your-Voice...849&sr=1-2

BQ2: Nancy Lamb (Had to find out if I missed anything about how to write a middle grade novel, because I kept studying how to write novels in general. Ends up, I'm halfway through that book now and just came across something new about that specifically, but learned loads more about writing in general.) Whoops, misread that and thought you asked which author I've read for the first time. I've read first time authors, but they haven't published yet, so I have to keep mum. (I critique with other writers. lol)

BQ3: I'm trying to learn how to write, so I hit Writer's Digest to find stuff I don't know, and then I get books about that stuff. Then other books are chosen because other writers suggest them to me. And then, of course, I choose novels just because they look good.

BQ4: We just watched the second half of the 25th Anniversary concert of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, so the last song I listened to was a Motown song sung by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Billy Joel, Sam Moore (from Sam and Dave), Darling Love, Sting, John Folgerty, and Jackson Browne with back-up by a cast of dozens. lol (Can't remember the song, because my mind is stuck on "Born to Run" sung by Bruce and Billy right before that.)

BQ5: I don't like paranormal or romance, sorry.

BQ6: How-to books, but, assuming you're asking what novels, I'm rereading the beginning of a series to get to the next book that hubby gave me for Christmas. (Three 800+ pages per book and one more to go, before getting to the new book. lol) It's The Earth Children's Series by Jean Auel, which you might like, despite the obvious oddities here. It's about a cave woman, however, she has a few oddball paranormal abilities and fell in love with a young caveman. It may sound like one of those dumb Me Man, You Woman, corny movies from the 60s and 70s, but it's like they're survivalists in this century - kinda. Very up to date for the odd subject matter, and Jean Auel took 7 years to write each book to keep up to date on everything new in the field of paleontology for the Cro-Magon people (and the Neanderthal.)

BQ7: Yes, but you're talking ages ago. I've read everything ever written by Louisa Mae Alcott, Henry David Thoreau (yeah, he wrote more than Walden lol), Laura Ingel Wilder, Beatrix Potter, and Mark Twain, minus his autobiography. Still deciding if I want to read that this many decades later. (Can you tell what I did when I was young, although I admit, I read Laura Ingel Wilder when I was in my 40s, and I still pull out Beatrix Potter, just because she was my childhood imagination. lol)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Lynn - 10-13-2012 02:40 PM
[] - Diane - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - ★☆ L⁴☆★ - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - Just A Girl - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - Many Interests - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - Taylor M. - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - pomme - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - VisualMaster719 - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM