This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who's your favorite author? [pick just ONE]?
10-13-2012, 02:40 PM

J.D. Salinger. I choose him because he wrote one of my current favorite books ever and my favorite short story.

BQ: A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess.

BQ2: I don't think so. I don't keep track of those sort of things.

BQ3: Currently, I'm reading my way through a 100 Books To Read Before You Die List--namely, the classics. Otherwise, I have a few friends whose opinion on books I trust. I don't trust the media, because the last time I did that I ended up reading The Hunger Games.

BQ4: Mushaboom by Feist. I was listening to the (500) Days of Summer soundtrack.

BQ5: Sorry, I haven't read any paranormal romance that I can think of. Romance isn't my thing (but paranormal probably is, so I might like to check out the paranormal romance genre and see which side of it wins for me).

BQ6: Realistic fiction. I like to read for the emotional value, and you're more likely to get that when the story can't essentially hide behind the fanfare of magic and fantasy (that's not to say there aren't some great fantasy stories with emotional value, though!).

BQ7: Probably J.K. Rowling*, because I read and reread all seven books (plus The Tales of Beedle the Bard), and I'll get The Casual Vacancy when it comes out. However, I seem to own many Stephen King books that I haven't read, so he might challenge Rowling for the title, as well as Shakespeare and Sir Aruthur Conan Doyle (though many Holmes stories were short stories...).

*Oh, damn, I can't say Rowling. In technicality, I'd have to say Lemony Snicket, because I read all thirteen A Series of Unfortunate Events books (plus a bonus book) when I was younger. I would still prefer to say Rowling, though, because although I enjoyed Snicket's series back then, Harry Potter is dear to my heart even today.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Lynn - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - Diane - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - ★☆ L⁴☆★ - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - Just A Girl - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - Many Interests - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - Taylor M. - 10-13-2012 02:40 PM
[] - pomme - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - VisualMaster719 - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM