This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who's your favorite author? [pick just ONE]?
10-13-2012, 02:40 PM

Hi Smile

I judge an author on whether they're my favourite by how well I enjoyed their book(s). I'm going through a process of elimination right now in my head. I'm pretty sure that my current favourite author is James Dashner. Although, it changes all the time. Yeah, that's right, I'm an unloyal gal. (Gal? Did I just call myself a gal? Ugh... Quick, think of another word... Nope, nothing... Gonna have to stick with gal. Dammit).
I picked James Dashner because he writes in the genre I love and the world just seemed so *real* to me. I was emmersed in his story, I cared passionately about the characters, and I didn't want it to end.
Of course, there are other books I've felt this way about: You Against Me by Jenny Downham, Blood Ties by Sophie McKenzie, When I Was Joe by Keren David.
But The Maze Runner trilogy trumps them all so far.

BQ - ...What month are we in, again? Oh, yeah. August. Erm... When I Was Joe. Definitely. I love Ty, his narrative is really funny but it has an enthralling and thrilling plot, too.

BQ2 (also - man, you have a lot of BQs!) - Erm... I think so, Stolen by Lucy Christopher. I don't remember if I read it this year or last year. It was alright, it was good. I wouldn't re-read it, but I did (mildly) enjoy it while I was reading it.

BQ3 - I ususally go on Amazon, or, haha, the backs of other books. You know the pages at the back that advertise other books similar to the one you've got in your hands. Yeah, those.

BQ4 - Pretty sure it was My Chemical Romance - Na na na (how many na's are there? I don't know!)
I'm not really into them much, but I stumbled upon this song a few days ago. And, yeah it is Someone Like You. I love Adele, she's such a good singer. Not like those autotuned artists.

BQ5 - Hmm... paranormal, not really for me... Sorry Smile

BQ6 - Dystopian novels. Or any with adventure that seems to have a realistic, relateable protagonist.

BQ7 - It would be J.K Rowling. I've read all seven of the HP series. However, if I enjoy a book by a particular author, then I'll occassionally check to see if they've released anything new.

Right, well these BQs have made me forget the original question.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Lynn - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - Diane - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - ★☆ L⁴☆★ - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - Just A Girl - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - Many Interests - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - Taylor M. - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - pomme - 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM
[] - VisualMaster719 - 10-13-2012 02:40 PM