This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help with a PHP code. $_POST[ ]?
12-02-2013, 11:22 AM
Need help with a PHP code. $_POST[ ]?
I am writing a small simple database for my karate dojo. I typed up the database in MySQL code and im trying to bring it up through XAMPP. I have a connection file that connects my php files to the database, so i dont have to do that in each file. I am having trouble with the $_POST[]. Right now i have the following at the moment:

<?php
include("SMSdatabase_connect.php");
echo "What is the students Emergency Contact? " . " <br/>" ;
$result = mysql_query(" SELECT basicInfo.FName, basicInfo.LName, emergency.EmerFN, emergency.EmerLN, emergency.Relation, emergency.EmerPhone
From basicInfo, emergency WHERE basicInfo.StId = emergency.StId AND basicInfo.FName = '$_POST[FName]'");
echo "<br>";

echo "<table border='1'>
<tr>
<th>FName</th>
<th>LName</th>
<th>EmerFN</th>
<th>EmerLN</th>
<th>Relation</th>
<th>EmerPhone</th>
</tr>";

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
{
echo "<tr>";
echo "<td>" . $row['FName'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['LName'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['EmerFN'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['EmerLN'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['Relation'] . "</td>";
echo "<td>" . $row['EmerPhone'] . "</td>";
echo "</tr>";
}
echo "</table>";

mysql_close($link);
?>

After I save that in a .php and .html, I get the following as print out on the page:

" ; $result = mysql_query(" SELECT basicInfo.FName, basicInfo.LName, emergency.EmerFN, emergency.EmerLN, emergency.Relation, emergency.EmerPhone From basicInfo, emergency WHERE basicInfo.StId = emergency.StId AND basicInfo.FName = 'Fname15'"); echo "
"; echo ""; while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) { echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; } echo "

**the table is shown here but with no info because I can't get the $_POST to work**

$row['Relation'] . "" . $row['EmerPhone'] . "
"; mysql_close($link); ?>

Can anyone help me out? This has been bugging me for a few days now and I can figure it out.
Thanks!!
Jeff,

that is the thing. It is not giving me an error or line number. It isnt telling me that anything is messed up. When i use the surf to my XAMPP (Apache) server and click on the file name, in this case the 'emergency.html' the following appears:

" ; $result = mysql_query(" SELECT basicInfo.FName, basicInfo.LName, emergency.EmerFN, emergency.EmerLN, emergency.Relation, emergency.EmerPhone From basicInfo, emergency WHERE basicInfo.StId = emergency.StId AND basicInfo.FName = 'Fname15'"); echo "
"; echo ""; while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) { echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; echo ""; } echo "

**the table is shown here but with no info because I can't get the $_POST to work**

$row['Relation'] . " " . $row['EmerPhone'] . "
"; mysql_close($link); ?

This is why i am confus

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Need help with a PHP code. $_POST[ ]? - ryan garner - 12-02-2013 11:22 AM
[] - Jeff P - 12-02-2013, 11:38 AM
[] - Palaniswamy - 12-02-2013, 11:40 AM