This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Last 25 years I have Social Phobia (Very Shy). I want to live my rest of my life peacefully. Is any treatment?
10-13-2012, 09:01 PM

I'm afraid there's only one real cure, my friend.
Will power.
You have to learn that your fear is irrational, and stand up to it. Don't be controlled by your fear, but instead face it, and conquer it. (Ye GODS I feel like an after school special...)
It sounds straight forward, maybe even a bit harsh, but that's all you can do. If you really don't want to be afraid, just face the fear, beat it into the ground, and move on.

I used to be afraid of well... pretty much everything, when I was little. I just had to realize that my fears were irrational and I had to just get over them.

Fear of spiders? Killed them. Realized they pose no threat to me.
Darkness? Turned off the night light, stayed up a while, and realized darkness couldn't hurt me.
People? Spoke to them. Spoke in front of them. Interaction. Got involved with the people around me.

It's a fairly straight forward answer, but its harder than it sounds, I know. Just do it. Said it before, I'll say it again: don't let fears rule you. Just overcome them through experience.

There's a type of therapy for phobics, known as "exposure therapy." This is basically what I just described, only you don't have to pay someone $200 per hour to do it. Good luck.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - lilly - 10-13-2012, 09:01 PM
[] - SUSAN K - 10-13-2012, 09:01 PM
[] - vicky_waraich - 10-13-2012, 09:01 PM
[] - Michael . - 10-13-2012, 09:01 PM
[] - angelo m - 10-13-2012, 09:01 PM
[] - Johnny Whoa - 10-13-2012 09:01 PM