This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to shutdown a fake Facebook account that is using my email address?
12-09-2013, 02:33 PM
How to shutdown a fake Facebook account that is using my email address?
Someone created a Facebook acocunt using my email address. When I tried to report it, Facebvook said I need to provide the details of the fake account, which I can't get unless I have a Facebook account! I don't want a Facebook account! Not only that, but the fake account uses a name that is fairly popular, so how do I know which one is the one using my email address?!

It burns me, because a co-worker somehow had my personal email (I don't remember giving that out, but whatever). She created a Facebook account, and when she logged into Facebook on her phone, it read all her contacts and sent everyone invites. Next thing I know, I'm getting emails for "my account" under a name that I do not recognize!

How do I get that fake acocunt closed without creating an account?!
William. C: That was exactly my thought, but when I tried that, it said it was unable to complete the process because it didn't recognize the device I was logging on from...log in from a device I had used previously to complete the process!! That's when I looked for how to report the fake account, and the Facebook reporting instructions said I had to create an account to obtain the information on the fake account for reporting.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to shutdown a fake Facebook account that is using my email address? - Sunday - 12-09-2013 02:33 PM
[] - Chocolate <3 - 12-09-2013, 02:45 PM
[] - William C - 12-09-2013, 02:48 PM
[] - abraXus - 12-09-2013, 02:57 PM