This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook making me a jealous, unhappy person?
12-15-2013, 10:08 PM
Facebook making me a jealous, unhappy person?
Hi all -

I have an issue that has been bothering me for a while. Every time I go on facebook, I always leave the page angry or jealous. All of my friends are getting new jobs or cars or moving to great cities, going on vacations, or getting engaged/married, having kids, kids hitting milestones... and I feel like I'm just here... the same. Single, dating the same guy I have for the past 2.5 years, the same job I've had for 2 years, went on a small vacation but nothing huge... I feel like everyone else has it all but me.

For example, a college friend I haven't spoken to in over a year recently was a bridesmaid in a wedding and posted pictures. I don't even know the brides (it was a same-sex wedding) but I just automatically hated these two women because they were getting married and I'm nowhere close to it. And I KNOW that's not fair. I really have come to despise how bitter I've become towards other people's success/accomplishments/happiness.

I've tried to stop going on facebook alltogether, but the hate is like a drug, I can't stop!

What can I do to stop it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Facebook making me a jealous, unhappy person? - Megbee - 12-15-2013 10:08 PM
[] - vulcan - 12-15-2013, 10:09 PM
[] - PRASHANTH - 12-15-2013, 10:23 PM