This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My computer is blocked?
01-04-2014, 01:52 PM

Hello!

Antivirus Security Pro is a rogueware application.Don't be fooled, even though it is made to look reliable it will bring you only troubles. It would be best to remove it completely.

Antivirus Security Pro main purpose is to show you fake messages and warnings that your computer is infected and eventually makes you pay for the removal of those made up infections.
This program is not legitimate, it is fake and it only imitates real antivirus tools (that includes the look, the way you receive warnings and etc...)
Here is an example of a fake warning: Warning! Infected file detected.

"Suspicious activity detected in the application firefox.exe similar to the behavior of the virus Win32/Conficker.X. For your security and to avoid loss of data, the operation of application firefox.exe has been temporarily restricted."

In some cases, getting infected with this particular virus may lead to your computer being locked.

If you are wondering how you got the virus.. Well there are several ways. The bogus tool uses the vulnerabilities in the system. It may have gotten in your PC through a scam email attachment or some malicious web page.

Anyway, to remove it, it is strongly recommended to download a real and reliable AV program.

If your computer is locked do the following:

- Reboot your PC and press the F8 key constantly.

- From the menu, choose Safe Mode with Networking.

- Open your browser and type the web page address of your chosen antivirus tool in the address bar.

- Download it.

- Install the AV program and do a scan with it.

Here is where you can read more http://www.americanpendulum.com/2013/08/...val-guide/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-re...curity-pro

Good luck : )
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My computer is blocked? - Princess - 01-04-2014, 01:39 PM
[] - Brian Griffin - 01-04-2014, 01:40 PM
[] - Me2 - 01-04-2014, 01:46 PM
[] - Steven - 01-04-2014 01:52 PM