This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is not the visual media ruining the healthy social and political system of India?
10-14-2012, 03:11 AM

When I say 'yes' to your question, in the context of the explanation you have given in the question, it would look like we need to control the visual media.

Let me add another dimension to this thought.

In an anlaysis of the impact of visual media, who sees what is shown, is equally or more important than who shows and what is shown. Most Indians are uneducated and believe what they see. Imagine if average Indian is as educated as an average American, what would have been the impact of what is shown today? Why, in spite of seeing what the Indian visual media shows, you and I are doing critical analysis? What would have happened if the American media showed what the Indian media showed, to Americans?

So although I would agree that the visual media is ruining the healthy social and political system of India, I would say the single most important culprit is the political system.

Do we have democracy in India? If a family descendants are ruling a country for many years, despite lack of knowledge of India? Aren't the politicians here keeping the population illiterate?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - saharaaj - 10-14-2012, 03:11 AM
[] - Barry C - 10-14-2012, 03:11 AM
[] - vrsm02 - 10-14-2012, 03:11 AM
[] - I don't know - 10-14-2012, 03:11 AM
[] - Happily Happy - 10-14-2012, 03:11 AM
[] - Tusker - 10-14-2012 03:11 AM
[] - Bapu - 10-14-2012, 03:11 AM