This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my internet connection is perfectly fine, but it becomes VERY slow whenever I access facebook?
01-12-2014, 11:40 AM

I have the same problem with my laptop. When I first open my browser (chrome) and go to FB, it takes like 10 sec for the system to respond. I think it has to do with a security update from windows (I have windows 7) I've heard it could also happen to windows 8 and vista. In my case it's gotta be a software installed (either my Bitdefender antivirus or windows security updates) because I completely cleaned everything (factory reset) with the fear that it might have been a virus. afterwards it worked fine. Unfortunately, i forgot to uncheck the "recommended settings" for updates, so by the second time i turned on my computer, it had to go through a 5hr process to download and install everything again. So after that i decided to install my antivirus right away, because i thought the problem was already resolved. to my bad news, either of them is responsible for my 10 sec wait in FB

Edit: It happens only for the first time, anything after that works fine. And starts again when I restart my computer regardless of the time

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Max - 01-12-2014, 11:35 AM
[] - Jasanpahaf - 01-12-2014 11:40 AM