This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which cat should I adopt?
10-14-2012, 05:04 AM

You are likely seeing an artificial situation due to them being in a shelter.

First of all, almost all new cats once in a home go into hiding. They find a place they feel safe, and explore at night. It can take a short or even a longer time before they are always out. A few days is normal.

Ears flat against the head is a warning sign. They are frightened. In the context of what you described, difficult to draw any conclusions.

For the boy, reaching out and not having his claws entirely retracted isn't a bit deal. Doesn't seem from your description that the claws are meant for defense.

Now, if you want a guaranteed cuddly pet, a cat may not fit your bill. They can be cuddly all the time, or only on their terms, and that can change. Cats are not dogs.

And being cuddly in bed often means how much of the bed they allow you to use. Cats have a great ability to take control of most of the bed, leaving you only a narrow strip to sleep.

Oh, a Siamese is a vocal kitty. Now they are not all Siamese, but I don't know how much of their vocalization they retained.

At one year old, he is very much a kitten. At four years, she is transitioning into adult behavior, which usually starts around age three.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Which cat should I adopt? - Cap-cap - 10-14-2012, 04:56 AM
[] - cat lover - 10-14-2012 05:04 AM
[] - BlueGuitarGrrl - 10-14-2012, 05:04 AM
[] - sweetness - 10-14-2012, 05:04 AM
[] - Sarah Palin - 10-14-2012, 05:04 AM