This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
would you please give some advice on my personal statement?
10-14-2012, 06:11 AM

There are errors in wording that show English is not your first language. However, because you do not intend to be a writer, it is my opinion that most of them should be left the way they are. You wouldn't want to submit a perfect paper, only to have the school authorities learn that your English isn't perfect once you are in university. Your English is certainly much, much better than anyone else's Chinese will be. Also, it reinforces your achievement in a language so different from your first language, your uniqueness among applicants, your very different experiences and the perspectives they give you -- all of which are very desirable qualities in an applicant.

I would make these changes: I am competent to do these tasks, but that's not my interest. What always engages my attention is a more popular and perfect ebook reader, which could be seen (read? used?) everywhere, even in school.
This sentence -- Students could study with this kind of book. -- does not add anything. If you keep it, add something like: have all their textbooks, even reference books, in one lightweight ebook; easily carry their books from class to study hall, to dorm; could study wherever they happen to be, even if they have only a few minutes; could highlight and annotate their texts, and move sections of texts next to each other for comparison and reflection -- whatever you think its advantages would be to students.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - kaliesq - 10-14-2012 06:11 AM