This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Was this an invasion of my privacy? Facebook? Take action?
02-18-2014, 07:00 PM

You need to check your settings on Facebook to ensure it is private throughout. Do you have only friends who can see your information or is it everyone? If it is everyone then that is how he has seen it. If it is sent in an email then you need to adjust your settings further.

From my perspective I would not send him an email and just contact Facebook. However if you do contact him best thing is to do is politely inform him that your pictures are owned by you and that you retain the rights to them. Also I would in an indirect way state something like, "since I am the copyright owner of the photos and entitled to legal protection I do reserve the right to take the appropriate action to enforce my rights" The reality here is this read your Facebook agreement (Terms of Service) in regard to posting photos. I am sure there is some license you give or right to use which would make any claim difficult. Since he claiming to be in London you could try to argue with him that he is violating your Article 8 Rights (right to privacy) and Article 10 (Freedom of Expression) under the Human Rights Act 1998.

Article 8(1) States, "Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence."

Article 10 (1)States, " Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers..."

My advice would be do not threaten legal action unless you are fully prepared to hire an attorney to fight this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Andrew - 02-18-2014, 06:09 PM
[] - hotwheels122287 - 02-18-2014, 06:13 PM
[] - IceBreaker27 - 02-18-2014, 06:21 PM
[] - ._. - 02-18-2014, 06:37 PM
[] - k.rogers82 - 02-18-2014, 06:53 PM
[] - dancing_smurf - 02-18-2014 07:00 PM