This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Writers: How would you feel about these things?
02-19-2014, 01:29 PM

1) People started a Team [Your character] or Team [Your other character].
This one would bother me a bit, because it was started by Twilight. I mean, it's ok to cheer for different love interests (mine definitely has a little, no, big triangle) It's getting annoying with the whole "team" thing

2) Started comparing your book to their favorite book in the whole wide world: Twilight.
I'd actually be insulted. I mean, it's a compliment because they mean it to be like the next big thing, but I honestly hope my writing and ideas are better than Twilight

3) Started calling themselves Mrs. [Your character's name].
I'd laugh. I've done it too :} *looks off into the distance* Prince Johnathon <3

4) Started being mean and belligerent to anyone who trashed your book.
I'd feel bad for those being insulted. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I don't trash every Twi-hard, but if they push the book in my face over and over, I'll get mad

5) Started pestering you about when the next book in your series will come out even though you JUST finished this one.
Ignore them. I'd probably tease my fans a bit with a few spoilers/excerpts along the writing process, but they would just have to wait. A real human writes books, not a robot

6) Started leaving awesomely fantastic reviews about your book anywhere they can, but along the lines of "OMG [Your character's name] is sooo hot. You have to read this book. It's sooo good."
I'd roll my eyes and hope that people decide to read it because they want to and don't let the hot comments make them think my book is any teen book

7) Started being mean and belligerent to anyone who said bad things about your character.
same with them being mean to people who don't like my book. Besides, you're not going to like all the characters- you're not supposed to

8) Created a Twitter account and posted as your character.
I'd ask them to take it down. I don't want people getting into the mind of my character when it's really not their mind. Only I would be able to do that

9) Created a PARODY Twitter account and made fun of your character.
Ask them to take it down, and report them. Can you report on Twitter?

10) Started asking around for your real address.
What can you do but ask them to stop?

11) Started showing up at EVERY reading, book signing, or public appearance you make.
I'd feel honored :} as long as they didn't do anything rash, I'd be fine

12) Said they wished your character was their boyfriend because he's more real than any real-life boy.
This is where I would draw the line and tell them they need to get out more. So-and-so is NOT real

13) Said they dreamed and thought about your character every day.
kind of weird, but still be flattered

14) Said they cried because their friends talked badly about your book.
I'd laugh. There's nothing else to do

15) Waited in an hour-long line that progressed around the bookstore's corner at midnight waiting for the release of your book, and they also stood in line tearing up over it.
crying about a not yet released book?

16) Asked where they can read or download the book for free.
I'd get a bit mad. People try to make a living off their books, so getting it for free is messing with their life.

--
Oh god, for the sake of my fans, I hope I never get published, haha. I'd be a jerk XD

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Insanebrick464 - 02-19-2014, 12:27 PM
[] - e.l - 02-19-2014, 12:36 PM
[] - deafeningcrate787 - 02-19-2014, 12:43 PM
[] - Kissy Cat Lover - 02-19-2014, 12:48 PM
[] - Eibhlinn - 02-19-2014, 12:49 PM
[] - Jay - 02-19-2014, 12:55 PM
[] - Road To Joy - 02-19-2014, 01:02 PM
[] - Stop and Stare - 02-19-2014, 01:04 PM